A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: calling functions ...

Cool

Hi everyone!! I've got a pretty simple question over here which I hope that somebody can help me by clearing this doubt in my brain!!

How does function calling works in flash?? I've been trying to create one ... and when I tried to call that particular function ... it fails badly. (

Next thing is ... can we call the functions being stored in another .swf file ... meaning from movie01.swf, I wanted to call another function in movie02.swf ... is this possible??

Somebody help me!!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

I dont quite understand the first question so please post again with a little more detail.

the second answer is to use the tell target command like this:

On (Press)
    Begin Tell Target ("_level1")
    Go to and Play (2)
    End Tell Target
    End On

You can call movie clips, labels etc through this method. this is calling from the main timeline of the mainmovie or level0

If you were to call from a movie clip in level0 or another movie you would make the call like this:

On (Press)
    Begin Tell Target ("/_level1")
    Go to and Play (2)
    End Tell Target
    End On

The / calls to the root level and then up.

Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

What is the script you are using?

I'm not too sure if you mean Flash's functions (eg int(variable) or if you are trying to "call" a frame and using it as your own function.