dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: But I don't want to scale the line weight....

OK, I'm feeling like a total idiot, but I guess I've just never had to do this before (in 2 years of working with Flash).

In Flash 4, can you scale an object that has both a fill and a stroke, without the stroke weight scaling up. Specifically, I'm doing a simple tween to increase the size of an object that has a hairline stroke applied to it. I want the stroke to stay at hairline, but the object to get about 400% bigger. Currently the stroke is also getting 400% bigger and it's driving me nuts. I feel like a newbie again.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm open. I would really like to avoid doing a double tween (two stacked rectangles to simulate a filled object with a stroke), but I'm running out of ideas/time to do it "elegantly".

Techie Info: Flash 4 running on Windows NT 4.

Thanks,
    Monster.

just a thought but why dont you take the stroke a cut/paste onto another layer and then add a tween lengthening the line as the fill scales up
    this might work but it is just a thought
    there is probably a better way

you could put a shape tween with hints depending on how complicated the object is

cheers

I new this would happen. As soon as I gave up and posted for help, I would figure out a work around.

I'm still working on when Flash does and doesn't scale the line weight, but I noticed that if I used the Transform palette (instead of the transform tool) to scale the object to the largest size I would need it _before_ applying the tween to the frames, it would not scale the stroke. Then, I could scale the object down to the initial size without losing the stroke.

Thanks to anyone who put brainpower against this. I'm still feeling a little stupid...

Monster.