A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Screen Saver Programs

I've been given a project by my boss to create a screen saver for one of our departments. Can any one suggest a program which will convert Flash files (SWF or Projectors) into screen savers? Keep in mind, I'm only using Flash 4.

you can search the board or search http://www.koolmover.com/reviews.php

Flashwiz and northcodes swf studio are two of the better ones. Screanweaver 1.X freeware edition isn't bad either but is somewhat limited.

Originally posted by Maricopa Ric
    I've been given a project by my boss to create a screen saver for one of our departments. Can any one suggest a program which will convert Flash files (SWF or Projectors) into screen savers? Keep in mind, I'm only using Flash 4.
    Screentime by macsourcery.com does the job. Make sure you get the recent edition that is compatible with Windows 95, 98, 2000, and NT.

Screentime is the only MAC tool- so if you are on MAC you have no choice. ON the PC you do and most of the apps are less expensive than Screentime but do they same thing or excede it in functionality.

Keep this in mind- SWF studio includes a screensaver app and packaging system and is only a little over $100 where as screentime only does screensavers but is close to $200- Flash wiz is only $50 (if you want to unlock all of the features)- You tell me what is a better deal?

A note here is that when you are talking about SWF and third party SWF software the more you pay does not equal better software. A prime example is Firestarter and Flare works- It costs $49 and $79 respectivly. Flare works is a worse program than firestarter and Swish (1.5X is $30 and to upgrade to V2.0 is $14) and KoolMoves (V 2.20 is $39). are better than firestarter and are both even cheaper...Flash Jestor's Creator is the most expensive screensaver tool out there (It costs $500 if you don't want any restrictions) and can only do what Flash Wiz can ($50).