A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: open a presized window from movie

Help!
    I am able to get my flash movie to open an explorer window with a quicktime .mov inside it. I would like to use some javascript to size, and set the coordinates of the window. Any ideas? I am working with Flash 4.

Stupid Little Dreamer
    I haven't done much with this sort of thing myself, but what little I've done has taken this form:

In the HTML page that has your SWF embedded in it, define a javascript function to do all the things you want (open a window, give it a certain size and location, etc.). Let's say you call the function my_quicktime.

Now in your Flash movie, simply getURL ("javascript:my_quicktime()");. That's all there is to it.

As for the javascript itself, here's a sample from one of my pages. It opens certificate.htm into a window that's 640 x 440, and is indented 50 pixels from both the left and top of the parent browser window. This is about as javascripty as I get, so I hope it helps.

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function WinOpen(){
    window.open("certificate.htm","","height=440,width =640,menubar=1,resizable=0,scrollbars=1,status=0,t itlebar=0,toolbar=1,left=50,top=50")
    }

</script>