A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CAN AN HTML PAGE BE DISPLAYED W/ IN A FLASH MOVIE

Smile

Hi, is there a way to display an html page w/ in a flash movie? If so can you tell me how, I'm beating my head against my desk over this one. I am soooo close to finishing. This would be it. Thanks

ded

P.s using flash 4

They only way would be if the Page is all text.

No, I am afraid Flash 4 does not support html tags. There is no direct and simple method to format text in flash 4.
    Hope it helps.

OK MY NEXT QUESTION

Hey thanks for the input. I need all I can get here. Ok my next question, and I hope some one can help. here goes. . . I made a site entirely out of one swf. We will call it A.swf. I made another html page w/ 2 frames, one containing B.swf and a html message board. The B.swf has links that go back to the A.swf, but the problem is, is that it makes the A.swf start from frame one. So my question is is there a way to get the b.swf to tell a.swf to start at frame x when someone presses a link in b.swf. you can view my dilemna at

http://www.shiningsonproductions.com...resh faith.swf
    press the message boards water drop.

Thanks for the help

aaron

OK MY NEXT QUESTION

You have to assign NAMES OF YOUR FRAMESET. For example:

You have the index.htm as the main page, within that page contains menu.htm and name it "menu" & the content.htm and name it "content";

Example:
    <frameset cols="144,1122">
    <frame src="menu.htm" name="menu">
    <frame src="content.htm" name="content">
    </frameset>

You have the a.swf inside the menu.htm and when you click a link, tell it to target the content.htm (content)

Example:
    <a href="content.htm" target="content">LINK1</a>

So if you want to click on a link from inside the "content" frame you need to tell which frame to target. In this case where you want it to appear on the menu.htm.

Example:
    <a href="menu.htm" target="menu">LINK2</>

I hope this would help you.

Hmmm

Hey thanks for responding. But as I stated I know how to use frames. My problem is getting swf.b to tell swf.a to start at a specific frame. But I am starting to realize that this my not be w/ in flash's capabilities.

thanks

ded