A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Object-Like in scripts

Hybrid View

Lightbulb

Hello everybody. I'm a new user in your community, so here are some info that will help you to understand my point of view.

Well, I came to Flash to realise a project because some of its features (such as native drag and drop, transform, etc...) are really interesting. First, I was thinking of using Java instead.

What I would like to do is to emulate some aspects of object programming such as basic inheritance.

Basically, this is done by duplicating movie clips and creating local and global variables.

So, I have two questions:
    1) Am I going wrong with this approach ? Has anybody else try to achieve a similar approach ?
    2) Very basic ! Is it possible to delete
    a variable ?

Feel free to make comments and suggestions, and forgive my 'french' english

Actually, Flash is quite well suited for object oriented programming. When using movieclips, you can create new instances on the fly, have variable names for objects and variables and stuff like that. So yes, I think that's the right way to go.

About deleting variables: I don;t think that it's possible. Of course, you can clear the value, but deleting is (as far as I know) not possible.

Good luck,
    Jacco

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I found several limitations but I keep going on this way..

Hey, by the way I'm working for a dutch company