A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: closing browser after opening from standalone

I am opening a webpage from my standalone movie. The page has a frame on the top that I want to have a javascript close button in. This coding will work, but brings up a confirmation window...."do you want to close this window." I did some further research and so far have found out that the only way to close a browser window though javascript without getting the confirmation window is to open the window with a javascript. I'm trying to make a page that will meta refresh and open a window through javascript, but that seems to pop up a window separate from the one that i'm in. So with the meta refresh, it opens 2 browser windows of which only one will close the way i want it to. If anyone has any suggestions on how to solve this problem please post back.

Thanks

Well I don't know of any HTML/Javascript close code.. but since it's a standalone you could use one of my programs.. Ftoolkill.. to kill that instance of the window..

Unfortunatly the documentation is not done.. but I'll help you with the coding if it's confusing..

Flash Command Line Tools v5.0 can be found here..
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...threadid=88493

window.close(); that would be the javascript to close a window.

Thanks,

I know window.close() is the coding, but if you use that in a window that was not open through a javascript, it brings up a confirmation box before you can close the window. You know, a "Are you sure you want to close this window"....yes/no. That's what I'm trying to get around. I want the window to close as soon as the user presses the close button

Angry I'm having the same problem.....

I'm in need of the same thing for my CD project....However I just ended up intructing the end user to just simply close the browser as one normally would. I have searched many hours online but haven't found a solution to this. I also wanted to disable window events during a resize function but from everything I've looked at, this too can only be done from a previous page with the exception of the resize. So for now I have just settled to resize my page and make use of the browser tools as part of my application....Although I'm not in the least thrilled with this concept because then it really defeats my whole purpose of having a stand alone application....This really bites! I would use the fscommand if it worked on a MAC but Flash does have it's limitations none-the-less....