ifFrameLoaded ("end") {
    gotoAndPlay ("loaded");
    }
    ============================

frame 3
    gotoAndPlay (1)

Why doesn't flash account for linked sounds? I have a movie with a linked sound that is used to attach to a sound object and then play. I run mySound.start(offset, loops); in a frame script right after the movie is loaded. But it doesn't play. If I set it up so there are about 50 frames before the .start(); action it works fine. My guess is because it's not loaded and needs the extra 50 frames to finish loading. But that's on a t1 connection. It'll probably take 250 frames on a dial-up... Any Ideas? thanks!

Paul

That is odd. I have the opposite problem, where all my attached sounds are preloaded, before I have even gotten to my built preloader. Flash will not play the first frame until all the sounds are loaded, so I have a blank screen for the first 40 seconds.

How have you set the sound to be exported?

cre8ive
    Depending on what the sound is used for wou might try setting it to stream. A streaming file is broken up over many frames.

Sounds are like large movie clips they must load entirely before the timeline can move to the next frame.

Take a look at the size report text file. You might find frames that are a few hundred kbs in size.

Loading in sounds or movies into the timeline is not acounted for by the framesloaded property. If a frame has an action to attach a sound or load a movie, the framesloaded property will only check if the action is loaded not if it performed.

When loading movie or attaching sound clips it is helpful to put in secondary preloaders to handle them.

hmmm

I tested it on a 56k and it appears to load... but, just like you said, it loads it all from the start. Before it even loads the first frame. Yuck!

Can you stream a linked sound? I couldn't figure out how.