A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Beginner Here who needs help.

Hybrid View

Arrow

This is probably the most easy question to answer, how do you start making a flash movie on a web page? I looked al around this site and it tells me how to do other stuff, not one page tells me some codes to place into the body text of a web page. Can anyone help?

Smile cool, one i can actually help out with

this is fairly easy, assuming you have flash.
    Make your movie then when you have what you would like to insert into a site.. go to file then publish. This will place a .swf and an .html file in the same folder that you saved your work in.

Open up notepad or any html editor and open the .html file. You should see something like this>>

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>sonic##445</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff"><center>
    <BR><BR>
    <!-- URL's used in the movie-->
    <!-- text used in the movie-->
    <!--//mike morgan --><OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0"
    WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=200>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="supafly.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FF9900> <EMBED src="supafly.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FF9900 WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=200 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

>>just copy everything from <OBJECT classid.........to </OBJECT>
    and place it where you would like it in your website.
    Then all you need is to place the .swf file in the same directory of the page you placed the code in.

Let me know if you have any questions, hopefully that answers it for you. You more experienced flashers feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or if there is and easier way to do it. I would like to know.

here is a site to get a little more input on placement of a flash movie in a website. I did the flash movie and hcinternet did the rest of the site.

http://www.nishmotorsports.com

good luck.

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar
    Welcome to FlashKit!

This is a forum dedicated to discuss Design related issues. You will get much more feedback by posting in one of the help boards, like

General Help
    Flash 5 General Help
    Flash 4 ActionScript
    Flash 5 ActionScript
    etc...

Regards,
    david