A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Radiobutton Feedback

Hi - I'm having hellish problems trying to use radio buttons in the following:

I've set up a simple quiz thus...

A question, followed by three radiobuttons (all with distinct _names) for the multiple choice, and finally an ordinary button for the user to submit their chosen answer.

If the answer is correct I need the user to be taken to the next question (or frame number 'whatever'), and if incorrect I need then to be taken to a 'try again' frame.

So... does any kind (and clever) person know how I get the 'submit' button to evaluate which radiobutton has been checked; so I can use that info to take the user to the next appropriate stage?

I'm using the radiobutton smartclips that come with v5 - and they seem to function just fine visually - but I just can't work out how to use them in the above, actionscripting context.

Any help hugely appreciated!

Fran

all that the radio buttons do is write to a variable called "radio" in the root timeline.

To verify this put a dynamic text field in the root timeline and name it radio.

to check that an answer has been checked :
    define radio=""; in the main timeline.

and attach this to the button
    Code:
    on (release) {
    	if (radio=="") {
    trace("please choose")

}
    }
    technically radio should equal 1 because the example that ships with flash has the top one allready checked.

A million thanks! I've been scraching my head, desperately ploughing through Macromedia tech notes and actionscripting manuals, screeching like a chimp and generally getting myself into a right state about this!

Talk about not being able to see the wood for the trees!

Cheers swampy... from the happiest person in the front of a computer today!

Fran

no worries