A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: browser problems

FK Jedi Pimp
    hey,

How do i get the SWF to play in a new window without all of the top toolbars???????

L8

Have a popup window come up.

this is something you see on a lot of pages anymore.

Usually they have an Index.html file that has an ENTER button on it wich when clicked opens a smaller popup window with no scrollers or buttons or sometimes titlebar.

Put this code in the html file after <head> and before <title>

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

var putItThere = null;

var chasm = screen.availWidth;

var mount = screen.availHeight;

function main(w,h) {

putItThere = window.open('YOURFILE.HTML','posB','width=725' + w + ',height=450' + h + ',left=' + ((chasm - w - 10) * .5) + ',top=' + ((mount - h - 30) * .5) + ',resizable=no'); putItThere.focus();

}

</script>

Then on the enter button in the HTML Page put <a href="javascript:main()"> or if a flash button geturl then the javascript... If you notice above the reason the enter button says what it says is because of FUNCTION MAIN(w,h)

Just change the MAIN part then on the button would be javascript:whateverichangeditto()

The HTML file that the javascript code points to is the HTML file that your FLASH file is in. You will have to change the size around on mine to make it fit the size of your FLASH file.

There are many ways to do this... This is just one way I do it.

Happy Flashing

The Boss

Re: Have a popup window come up.

murphster470 has given very good explaination of this problem which is very helpfull

Originally posted by murphster470
    this is something you see on a lot of pages anymore.

Usually they have an Index.html file that has an ENTER button on it wich when clicked opens a smaller popup window with no scrollers or buttons or sometimes titlebar.

Put this code in the html file after <head> and before <title>

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

var putItThere = null;

var chasm = screen.availWidth;

var mount = screen.availHeight;

function main(w,h) {

putItThere = window.open('YOURFILE.HTML','posB','width=725' + w + ',height=450' + h + ',left=' + ((chasm - w - 10) * .5) + ',top=' + ((mount - h - 30) * .5) + ',resizable=no'); putItThere.focus();

}

</script>

Then on the enter button in the HTML Page put <a href="javascript:main()"> or if a flash button geturl then the javascript... If you notice above the reason the enter button says what it says is because of FUNCTION MAIN(w,h)

Just change the MAIN part then on the button would be javascript:whateverichangeditto()

The HTML file that the javascript code points to is the HTML file that your FLASH file is in. You will have to change the size around on mine to make it fit the size of your FLASH file.

There are many ways to do this... This is just one way I do it.

Happy Flashing
    Thanx