A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash in html

i know this question been asked before but i didn't get a chance to learn it. so can someone please tell me how to create a transparent flash movie in html. thank you

no can do !

A flash file cannot be transparent (at least, not that I've heard of it being possible, i also haven't seen it anywhere)

I think, you mean the way flash files are neatly incorporated into html sites.

The secret is to use web safe colors.

First, set the color of your flash movie, then use publish and check out the html file that gets generated along with it. in the <body> tag you then see what color you actually chose and take this color to create the other web pages.

If you're using a background image in the website, and put a flash file over it, then you're out of luck.

I'm not sure if I was able to help you.

No transparency in the flash background !

good luck !

hmmm.

You can make a flash background transparent but it will only work in Internet Explorer. You do not even need to edit your .fla. Its all in the html code.

First paste this in between the object tags in your html.

<font color="#FF0000"><param NAME="wmode" Value="transparent"></font>

Now make sure your html code for your swf movie looks like this. I will make italic and bold the part you may need to add in.

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" ID="himalayas" WIDTH="250" HEIGHT="100">
    <param NAME="movie" VALUE="yourmovie.swf">
    <param NAME="quality" VALUE="high">
    <param NAME="wmode" Value="Transparent">
    <embed src="yourmovie.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
    WIDTH="250" HEIGHT="100" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" >
    </object>

[b]Make sure and change yourmovie.swf to the corrent file name if you decide to copy and paste this text.[b]

[b]Good Luck[b]

thank ya'll two. i really appreciate it very much.