A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: find serialz for fla3h 5 and kEwl sTuFf here D00dz!!!

Thumbs up

Ok now that I have your attention mates, how does one go about making a preloader for an external movie clip. I.E. I have a menu that loads external movies into a host MC, I need a preloader that pops up until the movie is fully loaded. Anyone know of a tutorial, or least a sample .fla? Thanks, and sorry about the subject line social faux pas.

I came into this post to ask you to remove it!
    Flash Guru has a nice preloader on his site at http://www.flashguru.co.uk

Originally posted by JabezStone
    I came into this post to ask you to remove it!
    http://www.flashguru.co.uk
    Well it was either "preloader help" or this, which I think once flash veterans see the word "preloader" in the title they automatically filter the message, block the sender from any future questions, and automatically flee from the forum :-) Thanks for the link, but I did figure out a way to preload an external movies, I even got a nice percentage one down with a bar. I just had to load the external movie into a local movie clip, instead of a _level, then have a preloader movie clip which checks to see if the external movie was fully loaded. I'll check out that other one too, I'm sure mine says actionscript bloated newbie code all over it.

Smile aww.... hahahaha....

fahq... that's funny... hehehe... I came here to do the same as Jabez...

Neat idea... Funny reply... glad you found what you were looking for...

Re: aww.... hahahaha....

Note if you really want to get replies from tech forums post under names like, "Cindy" "SingleGirl" "BlondGeekGirl", you'll have 10,000 replies in an hour We can be such suckas sometimes...

Robot, how you get it to work then!! I have a simlir sort of thing where I want a preload bar to appear showing teh percentage load of some external .SWF files. I got six of these files to load up before. I was thinking about loading each movie into an individual frame of my preloader and using Ifframeloaded to progress the preloader bar. do u think this will work, or if u have a better way to do it 9i am a newbie too!) then let me know,

thanks

One question are you using flash 4 or 5? I'm thinking about writing a tutorial about the one I did. However, for the time being, if your using Flash 5, I'll send you a example .fla. Its actually pretty easy to do, just hard to explain.

Originally posted by RobotEvil
    One question are you using flash 4 or 5? I'm thinking about writing a tutorial about the one I did. However, for the time being, if your using Flash 5, I'll send you a example .fla. Its actually pretty easy to do, just hard to explain.
    Flash 5

my email is s2000@cableinet.co.uk

thanks

I'll get it out to you sometime today!