A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .smil files made into .exe or a projector???

I have some .smil presentation files used on our website. Now the boss want these 5 modules to be playable on a CD as an .exe file or some sort of projector, where people viewing WOULD NOT need to download any players, etc. A self-running CD. Has anyone somehow thru programming, using Flash, or whatever, done this? There are loads of videos with talking heads inside, about 5 minutes in length each! Help!!!

know of any forums on the web more suitable for this type of question?

smil in flash

I'm wondering the same thing. There are some applications that allow video in Flash. SWF Studio is one, but I don't think Real Media can be brought into it. FMProjector (www.flashants.com) has an example of Real Media brought into Flash. I'd guess that making a projector from the flash web file (.swf) would be easy enough. But I really haven't any clue about .smi files.

I have the same dilemma: a lot of .smi and .rm files that need to find homes in a projector. The projector could be Flash or Director. Director 8.5 incorporates a couple of Xtras for RM. It works well with .rm files, but I have yet to work .smi into it.

Good luck in your search. Please let me know if you find anything. I'd greatly appreciate it.