A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MovieClip won't stop running...

[small]I'm trying to get a movie clip to stop playing in the middle of my movie but it just won't work. Anyone know how to do it? I've already tried:
    [list=1][*]Just using stop action[*]Reading help[/list=1]
    I am lost, so someone please help me. Thanks.

it should stop if you just type stop (); in the last frame's actions

you don't understand. I don't want to pause the whole movie. Just a movieclip. You know, one of the three kinds of instances. Stop(); freezes the whole movie, but I just want to stop a movie clip from looping the animation. Is it possible, if not I could always replace it with a still object, just wanted to know for further reference.

the last frame of the movie clip is what i meant.

they're are places for actions in there, too.

Wizard of preloaders
    Great master of web searches

try the unload movie action...

That's easy dude. Just right-click the last frame of your movie clip and go to actions. Then select stop. It will then stop at that frame, rather than repeating itself.

No, you don't understand, I want it to play more than once....because otherwise it won't looks right for the distance it travels. But I can't just play it once

I guess there are two ways of doing that. Copy and paste the frames so they'd loop the number of times you want, or you can use actionscript to increment a variable on every loop. Then use an IF numberofloops = "5" (stop().

Another thing you could do is if you wanted the main timeline to stop the animation using a Telltarget.

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you want, so I'm replying in a vague way. Maybe you could elaborate more on what you want?