dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 90% design, 10% content...help!

Hybrid View

Arrow

ok, i have a web site gig i did about a years ago, since then my skills have grown tremendously and i want to re-design a mind blowing site to impress potential clients...the problem is, eveytime i come up with a design concept, i end up trashing it because it looks so empty...the site has 5 sections with just one or two paragraphs each worth of content...i can't add new content because its not my site...any ideas on how to stretch the site? interface concepts? you can veiw the old site here http://www.smaash.com to see how little info is avalaibe for the site, i want to kinda fill up the site, but at the same time i don't want to make it obvoius that i'm doing so because of lack of content

ANY tips would help, i know the old design SUCKS so feel free to say so, i take crticism lovely

It looks pretty good.
    lack of content is pretty tough, however u can also use that to ur advantage. If u go for a total redesign you can use the fact that there's little text to make a more design/aesthetically oriented site. It will never seem quite as expansive as a larger site however if you do a great job with what you have to work with I think that clients looking for good design will still be impressed.

I found that being a designer I had the same issue. Great design. No content. Finally I made myself sit down and just wright for a couple hours a night over the course of about 3 days, I have tons of content now in fact so much that I am going to have to expand the size of my original concepts. If you can't think of anything take a walk, get inspired.

thanx for responden...i think i'ma go with the real asthetic approch kind like yugop.com , cause its not my site so i can't add any content...thanx for advice