A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: structure of the send xml data ?

Thumbs down

Hi there ...

I'm sending an XML Object I created in Flash - to a PHP script, that outputs the $ HTTP_POST_VARS to my browser ...

I need to reconstruct the XML structure of the object however ...
    In other terms, to get the whole picture --- I need to know how the object is rendered when outputted, and how I can revert it to the XML format for output to a browser or whatever ...

Could anybody help me out with that one, and share some info ?

Thanks

Mentor
    http://moskito.bassment.be - just started

Uhh...

HUH???

You want to see your XML after you have created it?? That's easy.... if that's what you want to do.

xml sending

hi ...

well - I managed to get some output to the screen and so on...

But the thing is: I need to write XML files - that can be interpreted through a browser or parser, in the exact correct way.

Flash is the frontend in this project - XML gets built or adjusted in the frontend - and once done, is sent to the backend.

I managed to put everything in one file, and the structure is good. I mean, everything I wanted to see in the XML structure is there. There is a problem though ...

I have the value of an attribute set to the following
    < whatever value = " test " > testing the night away < / whatever >

The problem resides in the fact that the browser or parser will treat the "=" literally, as in paired values. In other terms. It puts it in the right place, and is physically there --- but it keeps on stating that the XML file is not correct - due to the "=" residing there. Apparently, it is not seen as a proper "=" or something ...

Any ideas, or does this sound like jibberish ... ?
    It has nothing to do with the whitespace problem neither, I already checked on that ...

Maybe you can help me out ?
    I'll try to post the stuff somewhere later on today or Monday or so ...

Greetings, cheers

mentor
    [Edited by mentor on 06-23-2001 at 04:40 AM]

oeps - url got parsed

oeps - the URL got parsed in the previous
    < whatever value = " testing the night away " > test < / whatever >
    is what is written in some of the output ...
    [Edited by mentor on 06-23-2001 at 04:39 AM]

Soo...

What you're saying is that Flash is doing it's job, but whatever you have reading the file after Flash makes it, is messing up with the '=' signs?? So... it's not a question about Flash - but a question about whatever is looking at the file afterwards?? Unless Flash is viewing it afterwards...

flash and parser

hi ...

correct - the problem is that although I send all my stuff correctly from Flash - I get a problem in reading or parsing it somewhere afterwards ....

Whether it is in Flash, or Cocoon or Tomcat or something - even in IE 5.5 --- you can see the ouput being displayed and rendered eprfectly ...
    But - when it comes to the parsing in whatever application it is --- I keep getting the message that my XML is malformed, because of the "=" that is treated as an element of paired values ....

So - I was wondering whether there's something different between a "=" and a "=" in XML --- maybe Ascii codes or something, dunno ...

Point is - physically - the output file is a good XML tree, with no errors in it.The file when viewed in Notepad or so, has the correct syntax. But when rendered - the problem with a wrong interpretation of the "=" arises ....

greets

mentor

Uhh...

If Flash is doing it's job.... which I think it is.. you should probably ask this question on some forums devoted to whatever is screwing you up... since it looks like it's not Flash.