A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac "out of memory" messages / killing me

"Out of memory" messages are interferring with production! Total .fla size: 1.1mb
    9600 series mac / 192mb ram

Any ideas?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Lightbulb

That kinda strange. Two macs doing the same thing check out chrisjernigan's message. their box is crashing. Funky mem problems in macs. If you find the answer make sure you post so chrisjernigan can fix their problem. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

I'm running flash on a G4 with 320 mb of memory and kept getting out of memory crashes even when working with relatively small files AND not having any other app running AND allocating ridiculous amms of memory to Flash.
    The update took care of all that crap.
    GET THE 4.0a UPDATE!

I'm hoping the update will in fact correct the problem.. problem is, I'm unable to download it from Macromedia. Keep getting
    "...updater has been corrupted or may not be a valid archive" message. Any ideas? When did you download it? I've been trying for a month.. or close to it.