A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: transparent gradient

Smile

Ok simple question got me kinda stumped.

How do you make a radial gradient with 1 side white and the other side have the alpha set to 0% in flash 5.

I want this for the ray of light.

Thanx

You have to use the Mixer panel along with the Fill panel.

I have tried that but there is no option for making half one color and the other half transparent, maybe im doing something wrong, can some1 either give me a really fast tutorial on it or direct me to where i can get 1. i have seen in flash 4 u can do what i want but i just cant seem to work it out in flash 5

Da Mix

Draw your circle and select the radial gradient. Then bring up the Fill Dialog and the Mixer dialog...you'll see the alpha slider there, just adjust that along with the points on the radial gradient and you should be able to get the effect you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Ok so i can ajust the alpha but it makes it a solid instead of a gradient, i want a gradient with 2 colors not just 1.

I need the eqivalence of this diagram which looks like flash 4 but i need its eqivalence for flash 5.

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Sp...-1/more4.shtml

Maybe I'm missing the point but, you can add other colours into the gradient by clicking on the slider (beside the other colour points).

If you are trying to get the half-white, half-transparent colour shown in the URL then this is possible. Click on the paint-pot on the right side of the slider and make the alpha 0, click on the paint-pot on the left and make it white and you'll see the effect of half-white, half-transparent appear in the colour box.

I'm not following the tutorial for the URL, but here's a jpeg image which shows you what I'm talking about.

Duh...reverse my instructions for left and right on the slider...it's early here

Thank you all,
    Alwyn has made it clear to my thick head
    its often the simple things that get us all stumpted from time to time.
    look forward to helping you guys out some time.