A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ANY COOL PERSONAL SITES OUT THERE

ok then...maybe it isn't. I swore I saw it up the last time I went to your site. You had more options, well the one that comes to mind is the LINKS section, you had were-here.com, FK.com and a couple of others and you had the FK banner up.

chewman...you are not going insane....

i too remember the FK banner on some links page that looked like an exel type layout....

i remember a FK banner too!

mannyme80

ps. maybe it wasnt you...but it definately was someone on this thread.....

Originally posted by mannyme80
    chewman...you are not going insane....

i too remember the FK banner on some links page that looked like an exel type layout....

i remember a FK banner too!

mannyme80

ps. maybe it wasnt you...but it definately was someone on this thread.....
    Yes! and I believe it had the same kinda layout, and colours...and actually...hang on...I think it was this site! I'm pretty sure of it.

Flashed up Unreal Tournament Site

I don't know what do you reckon ?

http://www.free-source.com/~jon/index.html

Dynamic, sound, video

Cheers

http://www21.brinkster.com/vone/vone.html is my site, it's more a virtual portfolio of stuff that can be done in flash, I got alot of good reviews for it.

Smile NICE SITE

hey
    I recently got into flash and have so far been addicted to it. I created my personal site. Its http://www.gotiq.com
    enjoy!
    cheers
    will

Designer in Your Headlights Juels's Avatar
    Originally posted by Vone01
    http://www21.brinkster.com/vone/vone.html is my site, it's more a virtual portfolio of stuff that can be done in flash, I got alot of good reviews for it.
    Hey Vone01,

Nice site, I really like it!!! Very clean design!

If I may ask, what font is that you're using on the buttons? Its so clean and crisp even tho the size is quite small!!

Anyway nice work!!!

Juels

hey vone01,

nice site....but to ME( and it could just be me)...it looks a little unfinished.....

thats just my take on it....

:: SWiSH Junkie ::

no offense 'KING CREW' or what ever your name is...

but you do kinda look like a wannabe....

im from dallas and if you ever planned to show that site of in bad neighborhood here as opposed to your mom's nice one, there would be no more you....

PLEASE NO MORE GANG SITES....REALLY WRONCHY....

as for your design.....i like the background for the top link....you maybe need to work more on the integration of the WHOLE site, because i was brought in by the background....the rest of the site and how things popped on and off, kinda made me leave (to be honest)....

people like to say that web design has no rules...but DONT BELIEVE THEM..... ROLLOVERS SHOULD MEAN A DAMNN BUTTON...etc...etc....

other than that....and that whole stupid gang crap...you have someting going......

and until you have a site with REAL CONTENT post it up..id love to critique it....honestly....

and remember....

Large Member

Re: gracias

Originally posted by boondog
    Thanks for the input manny,

I was incharge of the design and flash. The other guy helped me with some of the javascript coding, hes more of a backend programmer that I partner up on projects with.

as far as the space around the flash goes, my intention was to give it a feel of a record cover. I guess it could shrink a little bit, but i really didnt want to have it fit exactly around the flash.

bye
    ok, why did you decide to make the splash screen force the browser to fullscreen? it's not even part of the site. this is especially annoying to people at higher resolutions that like to run IE in a window.

Re: Re: gracias

jookbox.....

who are you talking to.....
    repost and say who you are talking to.

thanks

reply: jookbox

I made the splash screen full size mainly for style purposes. I liked the way the popups layered on top of each other and created depth. The blue splash screen is more like a background for the main popup with the flash in it. I know that some people like to view things in a reduced window, but hey, this is my personal project so I made it how I think it looks best. Thanks for the input though.

Whoever said my site looked unfinished... it is unfinished lol, I just add more thigns that I come up with as time progresses. I'm using many different fonts and theyre all sharp and crisp because they are pizel fonts. You cna get them at http://www.miniml.com/flash/index.html
    By the way, the proper resolution for my site is 800x600

i always get hell for designing my sites for res' of 800x600

some of you haters need to understand that not everyone has big pretty screens......SO STOP TALKING ABOUT EMPTY SO MUCH....

i happen to like designing for the 800s and not leaving 85%of viewers out.....THANK YOU....

mannyme80

See Above
    Originally posted by krso
    http://www.krsocreations.cjb.net [/B]
    . . . . the contact page is hard to make out, the spinning cd-rom business card doesn't look like it's spinning, and the buttons need to have hit states that are rectangles so the mouse doesn't have to find the individual letters. you'd do best to check flashkit's tutorials to find out how the hit state of a button works.

peace|pal|www.dumb-dumb.com

Maybe the subject of this post should be changed from "ANY COOL PERSONAL SITES OUT THERE" to "SITECHECK 2"

really....i just wanted to see how creative people were getting.....

for gods sake peoples.....enough.....my site design is done....stop responding....

i brought this thread into the world and i can take it out....

mannyme80

See Above
    Originally posted by evade
    Maybe the subject of this post should be changed from "ANY COOL PERSONAL SITES OUT THERE" to "SITECHECK 2"
    . . . . HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! that made me laugh my ass off... so true. this thread is relentless, huh? and it hasn't even really been a true "cool sites" thread from the beginning... well intended, though. heh heh... that was funny.

heh|pal|www.dumb-dumb.com