A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: xml.sendAndload problems with mac and ns

resolved

Hi there

i've used the xml object to transfer data from an iis server with asp....

i used the sendAndload method from the xml object in my application two times during running. There are no problems on windows operating system running the projector an also no problem with internet explorer . The same file loaded from the webserver in netscape only execute the first sendAndload method an after a while, if the user will send his answer netscape is hanging.....

the next problem is the projector file for macintosh... there is no connection to the internet, but is the same fla as the projector file for windows ...

have someone an idea ?

Thanx
    chiheko

K...

NS + Mac = Bad. There have been some issues when mixing those two.... one suggestion would be to get the latest version of NS and recommend your users do the same.

As for the problem with the projector.. I really don't understand what you're trying to say, but I'm guessing you mean that the projector file on a Mac won't connect to the server??

mac projector

yeah VAYKENT

you're right, the projector file on a Mac won't connect to the server.... but it's the same version like the projector file for windows..... and there are no problems ... you know something aboutthis problem ?

CU
    chiheko

Uhh...

I personally don't know of problems... but if it works on a Windows machine, I'm willing to bet your FLA is fine. I wonder what protocol Flash's XML uses to communicate on a Mac.... Doesn't it use TCP/IP on a PC?

Not to sound like I am pointing out the obvious but the Mac can connect to the server? Eg kick in a web browser or a ping tool and make sure you can get to the server.

Make sure the proxy settings in the internet control panel are set correctly They are found on the advanced tab which appears when you change the user mode (edit menu) to advance. I beleive that the flash player uses these settings for net connections.

Thanks

Luke