A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help Please!! Shared library wont work for symbols or graphics?? !!

Hi

I am using my main movie as a shared library... i have selected a few symbols and graphics and in linkage selected 'export this symbol' given it an identifier name (no spaces) and not typed any url i then saved and published the swf file. In this main movie are several external swf's that play in it, these movies i want to access the shared library. (all swf's are located in the same folder on my server)

the assets are listed in these external swf's own libraries and under linkage they say 'import this symbol from url' themesindex.swf

But it does not work!!!! it wont display them i have also tried entering the absolute path on both the external swf's and the shared library but still nothing.

Can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong?

thank you in advance
    Cheetah

All I can tell you is I'm having the same problems and the more I find out the less I like it.
    Check out the thread below:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...001#post690001

We need to all keep each other informed on this crucial issue. Facts seem very hard to come by but everyone seems to agree that shared libraries have not been implemented properly.

Am going to post another thread on this because the point needs some serious attention from the Flashkit community. Maybe we can crack it together and put some pressure on Macromedia to tell us exactly what's going on?

TN

Smile gurrrrr!!! lol

Checked out that link!

Oh well least i now know maybe i am not such a dummy and the thing just does not work thanks for that TonalNagual