A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic Scrollable Textbox Question (s)

Talking

I have read most of the Scrollable text Tut's, And can get em working with loaded HTML text dynamically, But only when A button on the same frame is used to load the HTML text, every other way i have tried to load the text using frame actions either ends up blinking, or not showing up at all.

other questions:

Would I need to designate Target level to load HTML into a dynamic text box when the action and the box are in the same movie?

How do you alter Background color and outline color of dynamic text box's ?

Many Thanx:MaiMas

In terms of using a frame action to load from a text file, it sounds like you just need to put a stop action in a frame, and that will fix it.

In terms of altering the color of the text box and border, just create a new layer below the text box, and draw a box with the color fill and border you want...there is no way to directly change that in the text box itself.

I already tried that, But when ran, the dynamic text field still turns up white with a black boarder, With static text this dosnt happen,The text box is transparent but then I lose my scrollability.