A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: go to specific scene from another .swf

Red face

There are some Q&A about this topic but I still don't get it! Please give specific instructions.

In my 2nd movie (in another HTML document) when I click REPLAY, I want to play the scene "Main" of my 1st movie (it is already preloaded). Please help!

Wink

It's too easy..
    Look;
    For example;
    You loaded a new swf to your current swf, and there is a button that you want to play a movie clip ((Instance name: aaa) I give this name for the movie clip) in your first main swf, Just use this code;
    On (Release)
    Begin Tell Target ("_Level0/aaa/")
    Go to and Play (1)
    End Tell Target
    End On

------------------
    With my best regards..
    MorpHAN

Smile

You're right, splitting up the scenes into seperate .sfw makes it easier to link to one another. I do want to eventually find out how to use variables or Tell Target. (Tried that but didn't work for me). How do I tellTarget when the main movie I want to link it to is in a seperate HTML document?

Hack

I gotta tell you, I have built a couple of .swfs with scenes, and it usually gives me more problems than its worth. Is there any way you could split up the scenes into their own movies?

Maybe you could pass a variable to the new movie, and have the movie go to whatever scene is in the variable.

Has anyone found any really great applications for scenes, or is it just a way to subcategorize a large .fla file?