A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scrolling Text Box scales text (Flash 5)

We have created a scrolling text box that pulls text from an external .txt document. I have been through many detailed tutorials (which have helped out greatly) and have everything working properly except that when the text box is at the size we want it (W:318, H:221) the text is scaled down (to microscopic levels) to fit within that text box. If I scale the text box to a much smaller height (like W:318, H:36) then the text holds on to the attributes set to it (_sans font, size: 10) and the scrolling variables are applied and everything works like a charm. Tried everyhting I can think of and a project deadline is creeping fast. Any ideas as to how we can make that text box hold the font size while at the larger deminsion would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by orion76
    We have created a scrolling text box that pulls text from an external .txt document. I have been through many detailed tutorials (which have helped out greatly) and have everything working properly except that when the text box is at the size we want it (W:318, H:221) the text is scaled down (to microscopic levels) to fit within that text box. If I scale the text box to a much smaller height (like W:318, H:36) then the text holds on to the attributes set to it (_sans font, size: 10) and the scrolling variables are applied and everything works like a charm. Tried everyhting I can think of and a project deadline is creeping fast. Any ideas as to how we can make that text box hold the font size while at the larger deminsion would be greatly appreciated.
    Delete your text box and redraw the text box to the exact dimensions you need. Make it a dynamic text box and ***DO NOT USE TRANSFORM OR SCALE*** This resizes your text. Good luck. I hope this helps the problem you were having.

Smile

Works great now. THANKS!