A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: auto-launching projector file from a CD

What's up everyone...

I have published a self-contained .exe Flash projector file for a CD-rom business card. I would like the file to load when the user puts the cd into the computer so they don't have to click on anything to start it.

Originally I thought just having a .exe file would auto-launch it but no luck. I know there is a way to do this because when you load a driver onto your computer for instance the progam starts right up.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do in order for this to happen?

Much obliged!

Boardroom Guidelines

"The boardroom is a general conversation lounge for professional developers and for budding professionals. it is aimed at developers with commercial experience, or those seeking to learn from experienced members of the community. General chit chat should be confined to the coffee lounge and general help or any technical questions should be raised in any of the appropriate help forums that are available.
    If you are unsure if your post is suitable for this forum, then it isn't. Post it to the coffee lounge instead, if it is deemed appropriate later it will be moved here accordingly."

"I look forward to the discussions that will take place in here, I think some great debates, discussions and ideas will form."

best of luck.

FK Board Loser
    okay, I'll break the rule once.. you need to make a text file call it .ini and you just do this..

[autorun]
    open = flashfilename.exe

there you go