$141 Million Lottery winner still hasnt claimed his prize!!!
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: $141 Million Lottery winner still hasnt claimed his prize!!!

  1. #1
    vm.interactive
    webmaster

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    447
    Last week, One person won the 141 million dollars here in the California Lottery. The Guy still hasnt claimed his prize. He has six months. WOW!
    [Edited by Vtechm3 on 06-29-2001 at 02:50 AM]

  2. #2
    Super Dominator killabry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    418
    maybe he had a heart attack...

  3. #3
    vm.interactive
    webmaster

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    447
    yea, I wouldnt be suprised.

  4. #4
    N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    david petley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    not in Montana
    Posts
    10,192
    I'm just waiting for all the excitement to die down so I can collect my money without the media hype and begging letters. I'll probably wait for a few more months yet.
    david p.

  5. #5

    In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    288
    Can't say as I blame the guy ... can you imagine what he will go through when his identity is revealed? Harrassing phone calls, 'long lost loved ones', perhaps even threatening situations ... If I were in his place, I'd retain an attorney, make plans to leave the country for an extended period of time, wait 'til just before the deadline then go claim my prize.

    I *almost* feel sorry for teh guy I say almost because his situation is brought on by the fact that he has won a good bit of money ... hard to feel completely sorry for someone in that situation


  6. #6
    Banned vampstko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    946
    i'd snatch up the money and move to Jamaica "Hey Mon"

  7. #7

    In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    288
    Originally posted by vampstko
    i'd snatch up the money and move to Jamaica "Hey Mon"
    Dreadlocks a la Vamps???

    When my husband was young, his family lived in Jamaica for a while (some kind of gov't business thing) ... he said they garnished everything with cucumbers (like we do with lemon) ~ Tea? Cucumber ... Fish? Cucumber ... Frou Frou drink? Cucumber ...

  8. #8
    Banned vampstko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    946
    Originally posted by LanSite
    Originally posted by vampstko
    i'd snatch up the money and move to Jamaica "Hey Mon"
    Dreadlocks a la Vamps???

    When my husband was young, his family lived in Jamaica for a while (some kind of gov't business thing) ... he said they garnished everything with cucumbers (like we do with lemon) ~ Tea? Cucumber ... Fish? Cucumber ... Frou Frou drink? Cucumber ...
    ...waitress' too

  9. #9
    Bamboozled snoop_doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    1,278
    Originally posted by Vtechm3
    Last week, One person won the 141 million dollars here in the California Lottery. The Guy still hasnt claimed his prize. He has six months. WOW!
    [Edited by Vtechm3 on 06-29-2001 at 02:50 AM]
    hes a chuffing nutter not to claim the ca$h, who does he think he is Bill Gate's?

  10. #10
    <img src="/graphics/junk/swirl.gif"><BR>Bodypaintin' Freak<BR>I ate my post count again
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    363
    Im not sure about this state so if im wrong let me know n=but i think it was NJ.

    Anyway,


    I was watching the news 2 weeks ago. They ran a story about a 41 million lottey ticket about to expire in New Jersey.
    When the ticket was sold it was won in NJ (a multi state lottery) and it was to expire in a year. So two weeks before it expired all the news stations ran storys on it.

    A day before it was to expire the NJ lottery office recieved a get this normal white stamped evnelope with the winning ticket in it with the guys name and address on it.

    He mailed it in. Mailed . He basicaly sent 41 million dollars through the United States postal service, cash. Can you believe that?

    So when he claimed his ticket, he said he had been sitting on it and didnt know it. Hes one of those guys who never clean his billfold and it had been in his wallet for almost a year, so when he saw the news he cleaned out his wallet and saw that it was him.


    bastard.

    D

  11. #11
    Bamboozled snoop_doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    1,278
    Originally posted by Dzine
    He mailed it in. Mailed . He basicaly sent 41 million dollars through the United States postal service, cash. Can you believe that?
    he has an abnormal faith in the postal service

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    1
    Originally posted by Dzine
    A day before it was to expire the NJ lottery office recieved a get this normal white stamped evnelope with the winning ticket in it with the guys name and address on it.

    He mailed it in. Mailed . He basicaly sent 41 million dollars through the United States postal service, cash. Can you believe that?

    D

    i'd love to win like that... it would make it so much sweeter. though, i'd probably not mail it in, i'd probably staple it to my chest and arm myself heavily as i made my way to the lottery office.

  13. #13
    Banned vampstko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    946
    http://www.allhands.com/luck/index.html
    ok folks here's your own lucky lotto number generator so first one who wins sends $20 to all members of FK

  14. #14
    Ambassador of Style
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    597
    Yeah, if I won it - there is no way in heck I'd rush to cash it in. I'd snag a lawyer. I'd rewrite my will. I'd plan a vacation. With about a month left - I'd sell it to an "investment company".

    This means that out of the 141 million - the guy/gal will get about 80 after taxes. The "investment companies" pay you for the ticket at less than face value. For instance - they would pay the winner 60 million lump-sum for his/her 80 million over 20 years.

    I'd set up a trust - and take the lump into the trust (which can remain annonymous). I'd invest 25% in 5-star mutuals, 25% in certain stocks I like, about 10% on real estate - and the rest as cash. That's just me.

    -A02

  15. #15

  16. #16
    FK Board Loser
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    252
    I would send a decoy, like my friend to get it for me.. well of course I would be in the car with my 9mm making sure that he would come out and hand me the check

  17. #17
    "Don't worry, you didn't see me"

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    282
    Originally posted by *gearworx
    I would send a decoy, like my friend to get it for me.. well of course I would be in the car with my 9mm making sure that he would come out and hand me the check
    Might want to bring a sniper rifle. Better accuracy if he starts to slip out the back door.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    49
    Originally posted by AGENT 02
    Yeah, if I won it - there is no way in heck I'd rush to cash it in. I'd snag a lawyer. I'd rewrite my will. I'd plan a vacation. With about a month left - I'd sell it to an "investment company".

    This means that out of the 141 million - the guy/gal will get about 80 after taxes. The "investment companies" pay you for the ticket at less than face value. For instance - they would pay the winner 60 million lump-sum for his/her 80 million over 20 years.

    I'd set up a trust - and take the lump into the trust (which can remain annonymous). I'd invest 25% in 5-star mutuals, 25% in certain stocks I like, about 10% on real estate - and the rest as cash. That's just me.

    -A02
    holy.... at least here in Canada, we pay the face value, with no tax... not that it makes the lottery winners here in Canada millionaires [US], since our loons are worth, what, a US nickel?

  19. #19
    Welcome to flavour country
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    662
    Any fans of The Simpsons will remember Moe Szyslak's take on the lottery:

    "The lottery. Exploiter of the poor and ignorant."

  20. #20
    vm.interactive
    webmaster

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    447
    They found the guy that won the 141 million. He is a 66 year old. He only got 42 million dollars after taxes. He plans to give some of the money to charities and some Mexican American Groups.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width


HTML5 Development Center

Poll by Flashkit.com