A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: •• FOR FLASH PRO's ••

Exclamation

Hi,

I've been stumbling around with the instance properties. To use tell target a movie must have an instance name to target the movie.

I can get in the "instance properties window" by ctrl-clicking the movie in the main scene. Is there another way to get to the instance properties of a movie?

Is there a way to see all instance names witin a movie? Would be usefull if that was to be seen in the library or so. Can anyone help on this one. I am trying to figure out some flash code how to make a scrollbar but with the file came no PDF or instructions so I am working on this one by hard decoding someones code...

Are there books are better tutorials on writing expressions using javascript in flash etc etc? Its hard to find this ****.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

You cant see the "instance name" in the library window. But if you double click on a movie clip it will open the dialog box that has the "instance name" in it. As a general rule I make the instance name the same as the movie clip name. This way I can see the instance name of the movie clip in the library window. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

in the test movie area of flash you can list objects or variables in the movie in the output window