dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Matching background color help

Can anyone tell me why my Flash movie's background color doesn't exactly match that of my web page's BG color even though they used the same HEX color (CCCC99, in this case?). The site is http://www.letsbedirect.com/test/index.htm if you want to have a look see. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

It looks fine on mine. Exact color match. Maybe your graphic card acting strange.

same here Arcus
    Im on win98 and viewing this on IE . It looks fine to me

a

Yup

Matches perfectly here too. As cyyeun said, could be your gfx card acting up.

Works perfectly over here too.
    I've had colour matching problems with my laptop screen, where the flash background colour doesn't completely match up with the HTML background. I'm not sure what the problem is either.

I think I got the answer to this one and it turned out not to be my graphics card but a layer in my FLA file. I wanted to make the whole Flash movie clickable (so the user can go on to the homepage) and to do this, I had a layer containing a transparent square button covering the whole movie. Having this button layer on top of the other layers was causing the very slight color shift. When I brought this layer BELOW everything, the color shift went away.

Many thanks for responding to my post. Hope my experience will be helpful to you guys if you hit on a similar problem.

looks fine to me