dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloading streaming sounds

Arrow

Is there any reason to preload streaming sounds or voices overs, because I tried it and it seems as though the graphic prload but not the long winded voice overs I try to place on a preloaded frame.
    I have the flash 4 bible and it does not adress preloading streaming sounds as far as I can tell.
    Is there a way to force streaming sound to download before proceeding to the next frame in my preload fames?

thanks

put sounds within the first frames and setup a script so where after sound has loaded, continue to frames with graphic content

Arrow

Thanks dbeprez,

I did try loaing my streaming sounds in the first part of my preload scene, and assigned the action "if frame * is loaded go to frame * and play"..

The same thing happens it zooms right past my streaming sounds and loads the graphics, as well in test movie there are no spikes indicating it will be loading my sounds during the first part of the movie. So it does not work.

Again to recap, I'm trying to preload streaming sounds with no luck. Flash will not do it any way I try it.

If anyone knows why it won't preload streaming sounds help m out here.

I think that I should change them to event sounds, I have not tried that. I guess that if you tell it to be a streaming sound, thats what it will do stream from a server, kinda makes since now that I think about it.