A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: problem w/preloader and advance to next keyframe?

~Ok i checked out many how too's as far as preloaders go and the only problem is when the move is called it does some very odd alignments, i have to move the holder cell (which is 600px*600px) centered to the top left hand corner of the scene to make the submovie.swf viewable, if i center the holder than the movie that is loaded is in the bottom lefthand corner and crop off?

preloader
    holder, (theClip)
    actions for holder
    onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    percent=int(_framesloaded/_totalframes*100);
    if (waiting & percent==100) {
    play ();
    waiting=false;
    }
    }
    button
    actions for button
    on (release) {
    loadMovie ("submovie.swf", "theClip");
    }
    button2
    actions for button2
    on (release) {
    theClip.play();
    }
    button3
    actions for button3
    on (release) {
    theClip.stop();
    }

~Second ? is how could i make a button advance 15 frames or too my next key frame, i know u can call specific frames or use the next frame but i'm setting up a slide show and the pics are seperated in 15 frame intervals?

I will have to think about the first question.

As far as the second question goes I am sure there is a much better technical solution than the one I am about to give you but oh well :

Just use the

goto next frame option and then right under that, put in a play action. Put stop actions on your keyframes (the ones that have the images). That way the button will be on lets say slide image 2 at frame 30, and when you click the button it will go and play 31 >>>> and then stop at frame 45 with your next picture.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't please e-mail me and let me know so that I may better assit you.