A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: multpli movies in a scene please help......

Exclamation

Hello
    I have made three movies
    the first one ends in a selection
    the second one is a transformation from movie 1 to 3.
    The third one again is a selector.
    I converted each movie to a movie clip (new symbol 0> movie paste all frames).
    This movie clip is in frame 1 of a new scene.
    the transform is in frame 2.
    How can i step to frame 2 in the new scene by means of pressing a button in the movie clip in frame 1 (can anybody follow me????)
    i tried tell target but it says the target is unkown??? (used _level0/targetname)

anybody???
    PlEase..........

thanx
    stefan

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You have to name the movie clip. double click on the moive clip (on the stage) and when the dialog box opens name it in the right hand corrner. That is the target name the tell target is looking for. You also have to call to the root level if you have your button in a moive clip so you would put a / infront of the target name like this /_level0 or /actions. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>