A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how much would this cost

Dealertje rules!!!
    how much would these this cost if you let a professional webdesigner make it.
    please put the prices in EURO

you only need to look at the first intro, the one that says ("have you ever heard about trance-it")
    http://users.pandora.be/kevinwuyts/tranceit-intro.swf

and here look at the whole site
    http://users.pandora.be/kevinwuyts/taratata.swf

just want the prices

thanx and greetz
    dealertje

UNified
    Well theres a whole lot better intros posted here for free.
    Pricing has too many variables for you to get an easy answer. Some charge by the time it takes, some charge by how well dressed the customer is etc etc.
    I think some members actually post their charges for different variations of web design.
    Go to some peoples home pages where they list their charges.

Euro?? flat out working out what the Aussie is worth let alone the Euro.
    Jofta

Measles from Brussels
    Oke Dealertje, here's your answer from a fellow Belgian professional webdesigner:
    For the intro I would charge 500 Euro
    For the restaurant website I would charge 2000 Euro.

Before you go asking those prices however, ask yourselves the questions I ask myself before I make a price quote:
    - Do I have 2 ex-wives?
    - Do I have a daughter who I don't see a lot but for who I have to pay my pants off?
    - Do I have a mortgage?
    - Did I invest in office furniture, hardware and software?
    - Am I officialy registered in Belgium as a webdesigner and do I pay VTA, Social Security, health insurance, pension plans and so on and so on?

Or am I a student looking for a quick "unofficial" buck?

UNified
    I just love it when the professionals post, they cover all the bases.

Dealertje rules!!!
    thanx for the reply aap , i have already sold these things , and i just wanted to know if i asked enough for it

i'd charge you 50 ukp (dunno what euro exchange rate is atm)

but then i'm just "a student looking for a quick "unofficial" buck"

Aap
    500 & 2000 Euro? You're having a laugh aren't you?That would make it a 100.000 BEF.No way, not in Belgium.
    No offence, it looks ok as an experiment but i wouldn't even consider offering it to a client.

New Yorker
    Aap,
    you sound like a professioal ex-husband join the club, before i was banging out swish i was banging out wives, lol
    D

Measles from Brussels
    I'm living together now with the 5th woman dion, had time to marry and divorce just 2 of them (although the third marriage is pending). What's your score?

And kermi, what I was meaning: When you make a website as a student or as a hobby for someone, it's a bit silly to compare the price to what a professional would ask (professional meaning someone who does this for a living)

We wouldn't want to end up the same way as my former collegue Jeff, would we? (picture at http://www.aap.be/crisis.jpg

that's a relief.I already thougt i choose the wrong career.For a minute i thougt you we're serious.

Btw aap, i checked out your site...i'm impressed!What's the average percentage of work you sell off to your cients made in Swish?

Measles from Brussels
    Don't be counting on that Kermi, I'm currently working on a website with absolutely no content management system or database implementation for a company who paid for the first version of the website 900.000 BEF (almost 22500 Euro-
    19000 USD). (not to me I'm afraid)

Measles from Brussels
    Originally posted by kermi
    What's the average percentage of work you sell off to your cients made in Swish?
    If you mean, compared to straight HTML, Kermi, 1 out of 20.
    I don't consider myself good enough in swish to sell them for my "normal" prices.

And thanks for the compliment.

Dealertje rules!!!
    i sold the website for 24.000 Bef , that's about 595 euro, and they said it was a good price

Measles from Brussels
    Originally posted by dealertje
    i sold the website for 24.000 Bef , that's about 595 euro, and they said it was a good price
    If they paid you that amount "unofficialy" dealertje, you made a good deal!
    By the way, they wouldn't be interested in a fake invoice by AAP Webdesign for let's say 300 Euro, I suppose?

UNified
    Top of the morning to you Aaps.
    Ive got to admire these young turks, I wouldnt be game to enter into commercial web design without IN DEPTH knowlege of all related fields like back ends, cgi, css, dhtml etc etc etc. but it must be a buzz getting a paid gig.
    Crash through or crash principal I guess

Measles from Brussels
    Dead right John,
    the only problem sometimes is that when I make a quote some "clever" customers can produce some nephew or boy next door who can do the job (at least they think so) for a fraction of my price.
    Of course, you know me, in that case, I always send an anonymous mail to their local tax-inspector..

Originally posted by jofta
    Top of the morning to you Aaps.
    Ive got to admire these young turks, I wouldnt be game to enter into commercial web design without IN DEPTH knowlege of all related fields like back ends, cgi, css, dhtml etc etc etc. but it must be a buzz getting a paid gig.
    Crash through or crash principal I guess

I've made a few dollars making sites and I haven't learned any programming yet. Although I REALLY want to and plan too so I can better sites. I'm just a school kid tryin to make cash but the customers don't need to know that do they? Unless someone asks they can think I'm 30 with complete knowledge on everything, b/c chances are they've never even heard of most languages and scripts.

& Crash Software! http://www.crashsoftware.com

Operation Noble Eagle. 09.15.01

Are we talking about the Intro?

The Intro Only.. I would charge about 525.95 Euro for about 7 to 9 days of work or around 15 to 17 hours total.