A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML.appendChild .... Saving XML Data ???

Hi everybody!... I'm staritng using XML with Flash... I know how to load a XML document into Flash, now I want to save XML data with Flash... does XML.appendChild is related to that?, or I have to use XML.insertBefore or XML.send or which one??? I was looking for help through all xml forums, but nothing yet. Take like example, the Totorial of XML that is in this site...

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/3r...13/index.shtml

ok... now I want that people can add their own links from flash...

I think I know how can I do that with ASP, but maybe I will do it available offline, so I'm interested in how flash can do that with out using ASP,Php,etc...

Does it is possible??????

Thank you!...

ok... No one answer... So, I change my question... what is the easy way to add records to a XML file with ASP?...thx.

Uhh...

So.... I know nothing about ASP.. but in Flash, after you've loaded the XML document you can use any of the methods for the XML object to travers and manipulate the elements in the document, then when you're done use the 'send' method to POST the XML document.

Red face

Ok... Vaykent... but you know how to manipulate the elements, so you can add a record in a XML document? can you give an example or just what commands do I have to use?... Thank you!.

Uhh...

So....

appendChild
    cloneNode
    createElement
    createTextNode
    hasChildNodes
    insertBefore
    load
    onLoad
    parseXML
    removeNode
    send
    sendAndLoad
    toString

Are all methods you can use to manipulate an XML document. Take some time and look at the examples (how ever poor they are ) in the Flash help files.

Try some of the code out for yourself - then if you run into a snag, post the code here and we'll see if we can help...

I'll continue looking for more information about that... Thank you...