A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cd-Rom Multimedia --- Is it a profitable business?

The Minister of No Crap

Re: Ads

Originally posted by Agent_Coop
    Re: Advertisement

Can be..

I don't spam the boards all day looking for business however. There are better uses of time that do not errode credibility. If people want to talk to me, they will or they won't..everyone is advertising what they do in one way or another.

The boards are for discussion, help and networking. If I didn't spend my fair amount of time helping folks, I'd be deserving of more criticism.

Hope no one was too insensed..

Don't sweat it. We're just messing with you.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com

Smile Yeah..

Yeah..I know..

I need to learn to "emote" better and use the smilies more..

You're a great contribution here, Tom... just giving a little ribbing.

I'm impressed with the work you guys are doing. The topic IS, however, about whether CD market is profitable!

I guess we just learned how to market a CD affiliate program, didn't we!!

As far as an affiliate program, I wouldn't be interested. I'm not sure about anyone else. I do my own ceation and marketing of CD presentations, and have even developed a tracking system as well. It's CGI-based, and increments a small text file each time it is "hit" by a new user (a cookie notifies the presentation if a user is not a first-time viewer). A small script in my presentation checks for an internet connection and then touches the server or requests for the user to log on. I don't have a "communicate with server the next time you're logged on" feature, though, which I'm interested in with your product.

I have found my biggest market in targeting a specific group. As a pastor and office-holder in a large church organization, I have been able to offer this service to other churches.

Perhaps someone is involved in other types of civil or community groups that have far-reaching connections, like the Lion's club, Awanis, Boyscouts, etc. A good start is to find your target group and perfect a product for them... similar to what Coop has done in targeting Hotels.

Anyway, enough rambling... I'm going to sleep!

regards,
    Jabez

Thanks for the kind words..

We started with the hospitality industry and then moved on to schools and university..

Mainly in numbers of 5,000 - 25,000 cards

I am also trying to help our churches ministry efforts by getting their information on CD's, perhaps IPIX of some of the work that is being done.

Re: Re: geography...

I have been having a bit of a problem with CD Biz Cards implementing ALL of the following:

1) AutoRun for Mac and PC
    2) Flash Detection
    3) Maximizing the Screen
    4) Closing the Screen

I use CD Everywhere, and the Flash Deployment Tool Kit as well as some other scripts to do the rest of the tasks. I seem to run into errors wityher with Netscape or IE. Mind you I am trying to open an Index.htm page with Flash imbedded.

Dons anyne one a solid solution for all of the above?

Thanks!

Evan

Create a Flash Web Site
    for $179.00 and get Hosting
    for 1 year!
    ouch

Re: Re: Re: geography...

Originally posted by cybermed
    I have been having a bit of a problem with CD Biz Cards implementing ALL of the following:

1) AutoRun for Mac and PC
    2) Flash Detection
    3) Maximizing the Screen
    4) Closing the Screen

I use CD Everywhere, and the Flash Deployment Tool Kit as well as some other scripts to do the rest of the tasks. I seem to run into errors wityher with Netscape or IE. Mind you I am trying to open an Index.htm page with Flash imbedded.

Dons anyne one a solid solution for all of the above?

Thanks!

Evan

Evan,
    There is a great resource here at Flashkit called the "Standalones&Applications" forum. Most of the discussion there is devoted to Flash-based CD Roms, and it has been a storehouse of knowledge for me. I am not a moderator in that forum, but spend quite a bit of time there offering advice and answering questions. There are several others there as well who are extremely helpful.

CD Business Cards are very lucrative, but like everyone has said, you have to sell it. If you really want to get some major business goto advertising companies or companies that make signs. If you sell them to those companies it is free advertising for yourself. Hypothetically, Clients will come to those companies (your clients, advertising comapnies, sign makers, etc) looking for something. When your client gives away the CD they are selling themselves as well as you. It has worked for me many times.

-Sean
    CD SOLUTIONS