A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need help !!

Hello,

I am learning flash5 actionscritps and was wondering if I could do something like this.

I have a text field which has a value coming from the variable. I want to create a movie which will have a button that can change the font of the text in the text field.

Is it possible to do something like this?

I hope to get a solution for this. It will be very nice If somebody could help

Thank you.

Old dog learning new tricks

No u can't do that.

Is it not possible in any way at all.?

what if the text I want to manipulate is not a dynamic text and I try to create a movie clip for the text I want to manipulate . Is there no way of setting the font propery of a particular object?
    Actually I checked through the properties and did not find anything directly affecting a font.

Is it possible to affect the movie object in some way may be using javascript ..

I'm not sure ...

I need a solution for this.

thanks

You cannot do that directly in Flash. But in case u know JavaScript, then u can. To change the font of the text u can use this in-built property

document.tags.h2.fontFamily = "Arial";

here, h2 can be replaced by any tag name which u want to use. OR you can try it this way:

document.write("<style='font-style:Arial'>");

Hope this helps.

Shiv.

Old dog learning new tricks

Yeah but this affects only the html and not the swf. Anyway if I hear anythinh I'll let u know.