A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **** THE FINAL BETA ****

Sorry Roger no Help in this beta, next time!

Hugh

NOPE !

didn´t work ! I re-started my PC several times but got the same message:

"your computer is currently being checked to see if you are eligible for a trial release"

"the trial wil be valid for 1 runs"

and my PC collapsed every time !

Cool..I like the zoom to 100% and the fact that it shows what percetage your zoomed in at.Plus the zoom to fit in window thats cool too.Export to AVI, not sure how often I'll be using that but hey sounds cool to me.I see you guys are still finishing up on the help files.And best of all swish didn't use up all my resources

Sorry to be tedious, but what's your computer + LAN configuration? Also do you get an error no. in the message when it collapses?

I assume the steps you have taken are 1) select 'Electronic Registration' 2) enter "v2beta" and fill out the form and ... then you get the error message?

Have you restarted the computer at all? Do you still get the same error?

thanks,

Hugh

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wii
    [B]NOPE !

didn´t work ! ............

Originally posted by fballatore

Sounds exactly like my experience. Have you exited the first instance of Swish and re-launched? I bet you'll get the license configuration then.
    Your bet is correct. I got it the second time and it all went smoothly.

I'm using dsl but I dont think it should matter if your already connected. Because I think it just try's to connect with the site rather than checking for connection.

The download and installation went fine, I just can´t open the program, it does what I described below...and yes, I re-started many times, same old story...doesn´t work. I will try at home and see what happens. Some of the older Beta versions I´ve tried worked just fine here at work.

Originally posted by wii
    NOPE !

didn´t work ! I re-started my PC several times but got the same message:

"your computer is currently being checked to see if you are eligible for a trial release"

"the trial wil be valid for 1 runs"

and my PC collapsed every time !

Hi wii,

Let me know your computer configuration and LAN type. Is there a firewall up preventing external access?

On the 'License Configuration' window there is a Site Code. Cut, Paste and email it to me at hugh.boyd@swishzone.com and I will manually activate your software.

thanks,

Hugh

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wii
    [B]The download and installation went fine, ........

Getting a phat error when trying to open a beta5 file.

SWISH2 caused an invalid page fault in
    module SWISH2.EXE at 0167:0042fc71.
    Registers:
    EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=0042fc71 EFLGS=00010206
    EBX=02b01920 SS=016f ESP=008af3b8 EBP=008af3e0
    ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=34e7
    EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=02b19a08 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8b 81 84 00 00 00 85 c0 75 1b 39 81 80 00 00 00
    Stack dump:
    0043033a 02b19990 0059b460 02b01920 0040841e 0059b460 02b19a08 00000000 0040843a 02b19990 008af530 00406004 02b01a70 02b01920 00000000 65766144

The SWI is located here www.truimage.net/my site.swi

I checked all my other v2 beta5 files and they will not open either.

Originally posted by Rykor
    I checked all my other v2 beta5 files and they will not open either.
    Rykor,

We will be able to fix this one as long as we can repoduce the problem with your beta 5 .swi files here.

Cheers, David.

Originally posted by David Michie
    We will be able to fix this one as long as we can repoduce the problem with your beta 5 .swi files here.
    Well like posted above you can dl one of the swi's http://www.truimage.net/my site.swiThe problem occurs after the splash when it actually trys to open the swi.

UNified

just out of interest

I dont know whos on the CRICKET FROM ENGLAND shift at HO but the thread now shows 330 views 31 replies....out of interest...how many DOWNLOADS so far?

This might sound dumb but will swi files created with this beta be usable in the final release??

Cheers Brettski...

Godfather of SWiSH
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Its getting close! Thanks David! I D/L it and will play with it for FIVE DAYS

Hurry up July 26th

L8R

David Michie said:

"When you run Swish for the first time you will see a "License Configuration window."

I clicked on "Launch on exit" and I got a few windows then the program came right up. No license config window. I then closed the program and immediatetly restarted it. The License Configuration window came up like a charm.

As a side note, in the License Configuration window, you say "If this beta has expired uninstall the application from your hard drive immediatlely ....thanks." I know that you have to uninstall the beta before you install the real deal, so this is the reason for this statement. But to someone reading this that doesn't know better it sounds like your hard drive will explode or something if you don't IMMEDIATELY uninstall. Maybe just make that line a little more clear as to why we should uninstall.

OK, all was fine until I hit OK after entering all my personal information. I get an error # -40005 Ping response was garbled -- sever may be down. This problably is because I am at work and behind a firewall. I have my browser up to this website typing this right now, because I entered my user name and password to get out of the firewall. There HAS to be the ability to get out of the firewall for this registration. LOTS of people will be downloading this proggy to work through a firewall. I'm sad. I've seen other programs pop-up with a username/password box to get out of the firewall. You may have to incorporate this into your registration process somehow.

I'm very sad. I can't test the Swish 2.0 b6 with all my friends Well, I can from home this weekend But I'm here all day

On three seperate occasions

I created a rectangle, made it transparent and moved it about then hit the back arrow and the entire thing freezes.

~Jer~

Yep, the process worked as described, looks cool!

Will

Big Problem

Can't hold in SHIFT or CONTROL key to select multiple objects? Why are there groups if making groups is impossible? Beta 5 layout is alot better, layout and timeline panel buttons are too bulky and can't be removed. Hopefully I am overlooking something. Why did I save it in Beta6, now I have to wait five+ days to edit it.

Can't import images...

David,
    I attempted to import images(jpeg) into Beta 6, single the first time and as a series the second. All I get is CAN NOT READ FILE, each attemp. Each image is 1K.