A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bitmap jiggling like a bowl of jello-HELP!!

Hi There,

I'm hoping this is common and easy to answer: I have a symbol made up of a bitmap of a globe and then I placed vector paint brush swooshes animating over the top. I use the globe in two sections of my movie. When I look at the swf the first globe looks great. In the second one the bitmap jiggles and moves around. I am totally perplexed. I can't find anything hidden to indicate why this would be happening. Why does it work great the first time it's placed in the movie and when placed a minute and a half down the timeline it starts dancing?

Does anyone know of a specific URL to find out more about bitmap/flash integration. Do's and don'ts kind of thing.

Any help would be appreciated. Deadline is suffocating...

Smile

Forget it I figured it out

Please, I'd like to hear what you did to fix it. I run into similar problems all the time!

All the best,
    Chris

It was getting tweaked on the keyframes of a scaled bitmap. If I don't scale the bitmap at all then the jiggling doesn't happen. I didn't see it when I scaled up/down from a fade in/out and the animation was run with no scaling . Hope that makes sense.

Basically what it came down to was no scaling was the solution. Hopefully this is fixed in Flash 5.