Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>> THE FINAL BETA UNWRAPPED 2001.07.30

Hello all,

We are releasing one last beta before Swish 2.0 is released. You can
    download it here:

http://swishzone.com/SetupSwish2b6u.exe
    3,350,912 bytes (3.19MB) 2001.07.30

If you have already downloaded and installed SetupSwish2b6u.exe please
    uninstall 'Swish 2.0 beta 6u' before installing this version.

If you have already installed the wrapped version of beta 6 please
    install this version in a different folder (it will do so by default)

This last beta includes some user interface changes which (we hope) will
    make Swish 2.0 a little less intimidating and overwhelming. A lot of
    the toolbar buttons have been removed from the default layout, but they
    can be displayed using View > Toolbars.

This beta also includes a help file and tutorials, as well as 150 saved
    effect settings. (Try the drop-down menu at the top of any effect dialog)

Thanks for your help
    Cheers, David.
    [Edited by David Michie on 07-30-2001 at 05:17 AM]

It pays to get up early!! 6:25am here. Was I the first to download??

David -

Downloaded and installed flawlessly. It definitely looks like it was well worth the wait for V2. You guys have done an incredible job. I love the new interface and capabilities.

BTW - No registration needed on 6u?

Thanks.

Downloading now

I did notice the drop down menu with the presets this morning....................AWSOME ADDITION ..........especially for the snake effect which I still havnt a clue as to how to work. I didnt have too much time to explore it yet, but will after the download completes.

~Jer~

Wow!!

All I can say is TOO COOL!!

Love those effects settings.

Is this program ever going to quit getting better and cleaner and easier?

George

Originally posted by David Michie

This beta also includes a help file and tutorials, as well as 150 saved
    effect settings. (Try the drop-down menu at the top of any effect dialog)

Thanks for your help
    Cheers, David.
    David -

Been playing with the saved effects since yesterday. I love 'em! I agree with Jer - especially on the snake effect, but they're all great. I especially love the fact that I can change the effects while previewing the movie and the changes take place on the fly!

One itty bitty unrelated request. When importing an image the dialog box doesn't include an option for All Files in the Files of Type dropdown. Is that tough to add?

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

Originally posted by David Michie
    david,
    Looking great..
    Will work on it tomorow.

nice to post your 600th post when your posting Beta6-unwrapped on the board

Yes, this version is "unwrapped" which means it doesn't
    have the splash screen or any software registration.

Cheers, David.

The strangest thing

I was looking at the presets and did this: Added a text, applied the snake effect with the diamond.

The movie plays as expected, but when you move your mouse the movie speeds up.........wierd is this by intension?

~Jer~

More info

Last night I was working on a project and had the frame rate set to 100 frames per sec (I realize that is WAY high. I was experimenting on something)

When the new beta installed it set the speed to 100. At that speed it is easy to see the speed jump when you use the mouse while the movie is playing, but at a more reasonable speed of 20 fps its difficult to tell if the speed increases or not.

~Jer~

Re: The strangest thing

Originally posted by Jerry T
    I was looking at the presets and did this: Added a text, applied the snake effect with the diamond.

The movie plays as expected, but when you move your mouse the movie speeds up.........wierd is this by intension?

~Jer~
    Jer -

I replicated what you did and didn't have the same experience; however, I started out with red text and it turns blue then white as it gets to the bottom of the diamond, then back to red. Did you get that? I can't figure out how to change that.

ScratchingEverything

100% Swedish

Cool,

I'll have a go woth it right now....

Looking great, thats for sure..!

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: The strangest thing

Originally posted by Jerry T
    Frame rate in SWiSH and Flash is a maximum rate only .. the actual rate can change from frame to frame depending on the complexity of each frame etc. A rate of around 18fps usually results in a fairly steady playback speed.

Re: Re: The strangest thing

Originally posted by fballatore

Jer -

I replicated what you did and didn't have the same experience; however, I started out with red text and it turns blue then white as it gets to the bottom of the diamond, then back to red. Did you get that? I can't figure out how to change that.
    Found it - the color settings are right at the bottom of the snake effect dialog. Duhh.

I understand Roger

It wasnt an irratic jump in speed as a result of processing data or processor limitations. The speed actually jumped as the mouse moved and continued running extremly fast while you moved the mouse without any slow down then went back to normal speed when you stopped the mouse. It was as though the effect were running at normal speed and then on mouse movement jumped to 100fps. I went back in and tried to duplicate it and wasnt able to. Not a biggy, just thought I'd post it.

~Jer~

:: SWiSH Junkie ::
    wow!
    i xant wait until i can export!
    what r the limitations of the unpaid version thought!...the same as 1.51???
    no text and sound and colour?

neways!
    i 'm going to download the new beta in a while and see for my self!

Well, I am new to this board (couple of days) and been reading every post on Swish. I was going to plunge into Flash...but glad I didn't.

I tried and paid for version 1.51 but was having lots of problems being a newbie. I didn't like the UI either. I found it very difficult to use. So I downloaded the latest wrapped Beta. Ah! now thats better I thought...and played with it for hours..getting used to it.

Today I downloaded the latest Beta 2b6. Oh boy! Isn't good? I can't wait for the version 2 proper to come out. And those variations on the effects are superb! I like the UI very much indeed...much easier to use.

I am going to have lots of fun with this new toy! Been reading a lot of tuts to get an idea of how to do things. Also had a look at some of you guys web pages. They are terrific and great for getting ideas to modify.

Thought I would let the world know, that there is a very happy user here in the UK.

Alan

2.00b6u downloaded, installed and launched perfectly.

Oooooh. Under Tools, I like in Preferences where you can change the Panel and Timeline background colors. This is new isn't it?

Ohhhhh. Customize toolbars - We can name and create our own toolbars! I love you guys

Ahhhhh. Menu Animations? Ehe. Nice.

Gotta go. Look more later.

Still a newbie with version 1.52, but sincerely looking forward to the Version 2 release. Have not downloaded any of the betas (call me a Microsoft and AOL victim...lol), but I can't wait to play with the 150 preset effects.

In the meantime, I do have a couple of questions.

1. Will I have to remove my version 1.52 to install the new Version 2? Really don't want to do this until I got more familiar using Version 2.

2. Also, I've noticed with the installing of the betas, each time you installed a new one, there was a reconfiguration that needed to be done to remove the old one. Please tell me there isn't this type of thing with the new Version 2....I'm not a computer tech and avoid reconfiguring situations like the plague.

FK's Fnortner
    JerryT and Roger
    I noticed the speed thing in beta6. I set the speed to around 50 fps just to see what would happen. Didn't notice any change unless I passed my mouse over the preview movie in the layout pane. It jumped up dramatically. Was really weird.
    [Edited by ddunn26 on 07-07-2001 at 01:37 PM]