A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>> THE FINAL BETA UNWRAPPED 2001.07.30

Originally posted by David Michie
    Originally posted by spam.lover
    Swish2 still crashes at random.
    Arrrrghh! There is nothing more frustrating than a "Swish crashes at random" comment.
    Imagine you had a problem with your car, but you couldn't demonstrate the problem to
    your mechanic. Would they be able to fix it?

Please tell us how to reproduce the problem. If we can reproduce it, it will be fixed.

Cheers, David.
    No kiddin'. I'm not running any outside disk or AV utilities (ie Norton), no messaging or fax schtuff (ICQ), no desktop enhancements (WindowBlinds), no CD management apps (DirectCD). Only schtuff in my tray are Volume, 3dfx Manager, Network Status and Logitech Mouse Control. Only essential services by default are running for Win2K Pro Workstation. Only thing I can think of is Adobe Type Manager 4.1 but no other applications crash randomly. Swish2 crashes at any time (selecting an object, rotating, moving). This has been happening randomely since the first Swish2 beta. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the betas at various points too. I'm not a software developer so there aren't any other library files that I'm aware of on my system.

This may not help but I just thought I'd let you know.

PS. Got my first Blue Screen Of Death the other day with a message about my sk.sys file. Odd. Happenned shortly after installing and running Swish2b6u (without rebooting first). Didn't even know the BSOD existed under Win2K. Odd.

TTFN

awesome, i like the saved effects, must have took some personal play time to make them.I think the developers themselves are addicted to swish

the wave effect ?

Ooops ...

Nevermind, sorry ... I figured out my problem

Peaces
    Cadence

[Edited by Cadence on 07-09-2001 at 11:13 AM]

I received an error when I copied a button from a different .swi that was open. I then closed that window and pasted the button to my existing open .swi. I was converting each state to a merged shape and cut and pasting them into a sprite to make a sprite an enhanced button. After the I pasted the merged object, I received the error. Note: I didn't use the button state groups in my merged shapes, only the text and shapes inside of the button state group.

My condolences to the Swish Team, You have made the best and most complete help file I have seen in a long time.

Another thing, not a bug but annoying, if you press the delete key in any of the panel's text boxes, such as x, y, and alpha fields, the current object will delete. If a effect is selected, then that effect is deleted.

Originally posted by Hannibal Smith
    Another thing, not a bug but annoying, if you press the delete key in any of the panel's text boxes, such as x, y, and alpha fields, the current object will delete. If a effect is selected, then that effect is deleted.
    I don't get the same result. What were you doing exactly?

BTW -

I don't know if you're interested in typos in the help file, but if you display the article on Simple Objects in the help file, the first paragraph needs to be fixed.

Put your cursor inside of the alpha text box, or an x or y coordinate field, and press the delete key. It deletes the object w/o frame preview. It deletes the effect in frame preview mode.

I am having many instances where ctrl-v and ctrl-x and ctrl-c are NOT working. I have to manually right-click and cut/copy/paste. Also, ctrl-y and ctrl-z are very flaky.

Windows NT/Swish 2.0b6u.

No Saved FX on WinNT install

I just installed the latest beta on my machine running Win NT SP6 and noticed that the saved FX are not accessible. The drop down menu is "grayed out". Is this intentional or a bug?

Thanks.

Re: David Michie/DJJ

Originally posted by Rainmaker
    tomorrow you guys will be millionaires after the Buy-Out...
    Just one request. PLEASE DON'T SELL OUT TO MICROSOFT OR MACROMEDIA!

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: No Saved FX on WinNT install

Originally posted by sleblang
    I just installed the latest beta on my machine running Win NT SP6 and noticed that the saved FX are not accessible. The drop down menu is "grayed out". Is this intentional or a bug?
    You have to place an (or select an already place) effect and then you should be able to click on the dropdown button at the top of the effect sheet dialog to get a list of settings for that effect. eg. add a snake effect to some text, then click the dropdown button on the snake effect settings dialog and you should be able to select some settings.

Let me know if this works for you or not.

Re: Re: No Saved FX on WinNT install

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    Originally posted by sleblang
    You have to place an (or select an already place) effect and then you should be able to click on the dropdown button at the top of the effect sheet dialog to get a list of settings for that effect. eg. add a snake effect to some text, then click the dropdown button on the snake effect settings dialog and you should be able to select some settings.

Let me know if this works for you or not.
    That is what I tried prior to my first post and it doesn't work. The pull-down menu is not active. I tried it on my home machine running win2k and it works "as suggested".

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by rdbruski
    I am having many instances where ctrl-v and ctrl-x and ctrl-c are NOT working. I have to manually right-click and cut/copy/paste. Also, ctrl-y and ctrl-z are very flaky.

Windows NT/Swish 2.0b6u.
    I've notice the same type of things. Seems to depend on whether you're in frame preview mode or if you have a properties dialog open. For example, if you have an effect dialog open and try to copy and paste the effect, it won't work. The dialog box must be closed. This seems strange considering all the other things you can do with dialog boxes open like changing effects on the fly while previewing your movie.

Arrrggghhh! This kind of post drives me nuts. Please include a procedure
    for reproducing the bug when you post here!

Imagine you went to a motor mechanic and said "my car is very flaky,
    but I can't demonstrate it to you". Would they be able to fix it?

Cheers, David.

David -

Did I give you enough info or do you need more? What the heck - here's more info:

1. Create a new movie,
    2. Insert some text,
    3. Add an effect to the text,
    4. With the effect dialog box open, ctrl-c and ctrl-v to cut and paste the effect... doesn't work, right?
    5. Right click the effect, click copy, click paste... voila

Almost forgot - Step 4b - Close the dialog box. Step 4c - ctrl-c, ctrl-v. That works. Reopen the dialog before proceeding to step 5.
    [Edited by fballatore on 07-09-2001 at 11:45 PM]

Originally posted by David Michie
    Arrrggghhh! This kind of post drives me nuts. Please include a procedure
    for reproducing the bug when you post here!

Imagine you went to a motor mechanic and said "my car is very flaky,
    but I can't demonstrate it to you". Would they be able to fix it?

Cheers, David.
    You are right Dave. Sorry. I will check first this in the a.m. (EST) It was on my NT machine at work. Basically it was any time you added an effect to the timeline of an object. When I would click on it and then ctrl-c or ctrl-x, it wouldn't copy or cut because when I'd ctrl-v, it wouldn't paste. I would have to right-click then select cut/copy or paste OR use the edit menu. That's really all the details. I'll check again at work in the morning. On my home PC, Win98SE, this doesn't seem to be a problem. May just be another NT thing.

You are right Dave. Sorry. I will check first this in the a.m. (EST) It was on my NT machine at work. Basically it was any time you added an effect to the timeline of an object. When I would click on it and then ctrl-c or ctrl-x, it wouldn't copy or cut because when I'd ctrl-v, it wouldn't paste. I would have to right-click then select cut/copy or paste OR use the edit menu. That's really all the details. I'll check again at work in the morning. On my home PC, Win98SE, this doesn't seem to be a problem. May just be another NT thing.
    Fixed!

You're the man HS! I bet you can't wait to get some REAL sleep 'eh? You guys have earned it.