A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: aligning flash movies in dreamweaver...

Hey guys n gals,
    wasn't sure where to post this (I think the forum needs a dedicated flash/dreamweaver integration section), but anyway here goes.

The problem - how to align a flash movie VERTICALLY in Dreamweaver? I've seen this done at sites I've visited that always have the flash movie centered vertically whatever your browser settings, e.g. if the standard buttons or status bar are displayed or not. I've got a feeling its got something to do with frames and percentages, I've tried every combination of settings I can come up with but to avail.

Can anyone help me crack this one?

First of all, it makes no difference which HTML editor you're using. Either way, you have to type the same input and get the same result.

So let me get this straight, you want to know how to align a flash movie in the vertical center of the page? There are a couple of possible solutions I can think of. The most sure solution I can think of is to make the page out of frames. Make 3 frames, top, middle(the one with the movie in it), and bottom. Make the size of the top and bottom frames "1*". Make the size of the middle frame the same size as the movie height. I am assuming this will work. If this doesn't work properly or you don't wanna use frames, then try putting the <td height="">&nbsp;</td> over your movie to align it.

YOu want it centered?

How do you want to do it?

Centered vertially?

Place the swf file in a table and have the table at 100% as its height.
    Since dreamweaver's default is the have ti centered in the table vertically, the only thing you have to center is horizontally