A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: removing the right click menu on a swf

ok we are getting somewhere the fscommand(showmenu,false) works if i just play the swf but once i try to use it in visual basic it doesn't work

thanks

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    When you run the SWF by double clicking on it, the Flash player handles all the fscommands. In VB you have to implement them all yourself, even the "quit" command.

To disable the right click you'll have to eat the right mouse clicks before they get to the OCX. The only way to do that is to subclass your form and intercept the WM_RBUTTONDOWN messages.

hey awesome you can edit that stuff? Is it programed in VB6 or something? cause if it is I could get my dad to edit some stuff for me, he's a VB6 Junkie i guess. Do you edit the exported .swf file or the .exe projector file or something. Reply to this by replying to my message so i get the alert in my email box. thanx

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    When you make an FSCommand call in Flash an event is fired in the VB app and you can decide what to do in response (if anything). To completely disable the right click is more complicated because you have to subclass the form that contains the OCX and intercept the messages before they are passed to the OCX.