A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A real head scratcher??? hmm....

Well I've never seen this question asked nor have I seen any info anywhere on this topic??

If I make a CD presentation with Flash with a link to an HTML website can I either within Flash or within the HTML page or a combination of the two.... keep track of those vistors that have come way of the CD??

I've been told it's possible but no one has a clue how to go about it.... So let's say I send out 500 cards... I'd like to able to determine how many visitors I had that came directly off the link on the CD...

Can this be done?? if so any ideas where to begin??

Thanks... Kevin

Kevin, here is a thread of a discussion that I ran across last week and am still waiting on an answer to... aperntly this gentalman is working on a product just like that right now and will prob have an answer by the end of the week: Cheek out both pages, it's a pretty cool discussion dealing with your whole line of bus, at the least!!

Hope it helps ,

DS

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...74#post1036774

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Instead of sending the user to your home page, send them to a little CGI script that records the fact that they came from your CD and then redirect them to your home page.