dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Free Flash Advertising / Design Contest

I need examples of product, place, or entertainment advertising designed in flash. You need to get your name out there and show perspective clients what you are able to do. Maybe we can help each other!!

We here at DSMMG are starting a new magazine type product, designed with (Among other things) Flash and distributed on CD-ROM's. Our major source of income is advertising using the multi-media capabilities of Flash. Unfortunately, we are not designers and do not have either the inclination or the time to create the number of fake ad's we will need to make a good example of our product, which we in turn need to sell advertising. You, on the other hand, do this for a living. So what we came up with was a contest of sorts, where you either create a 'fake' ad for a 'fake' product or company or pull something that you think will fit out of your portfolio, and send it to us. If we think that it is a good example, we will include it in our 'Sample issue' along with a blaringly obvious thing that lets them get in touch with you. There are small prizes, more token than anything else since we are operating on a very limited budget, but the main thing is advertising your design skills (We just felt bad not having something, so we did the best we could afford...).

For more information, and to find out all the exact details, please click on the link below.

http://www.dsmmg.com/contest

Thanks for your time and consideration,

DS Marrinan

Can we use Flash 4?

Originally posted by MajorTom
    Can we use Flash 4?
    I don't see why not? The only thing is that it will have to be updated to flash 5 when I put it into the final thing. MY version will do that automaticly... So I don't see any problems!!

PS: Sorry about that, I just went and looked at my 'rules' and I guess it does say flash 5... Just disregard that, ok? I'll change it on the net asap... Thanks, Devon
    [Edited by dsmmg on 07-12-2001 at 01:57 PM]

Just a quick update: I decided not to change the way that it is worded on the 'rules' page. While the advertisements do not need to be in Flash 5, per say, they will need to be converted. And some functions of flash 4 won't nesc. work. So I am going to leave it the way that it is, and assume that the designer will understand that Flash 5 automaticly converts, and design with this in mind...

Thanks for the help, everybody. It's much appreciated!

Regards, Devon S Marrinan