A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: TV Lines

Lightbulb

I have been seeing a few picture back rounds that are look like a photograph taking from a TV . I own Corel Paint 10 which I use for my design but don't have that effect tool. Anybody know what programm is used and if a plug-in is available.???
    THNX

Sup man, the effect you want can be achieved with out a plugin, although there are a few 3rd party plugins out there that do the same, with other effects like static ghost ect, like Eye candy, although i'm not sure if they do it for Corel draw,

all you gots to do is open up a new document, 2 pixels in height, and what ever length you want, and make it a Transparent Canvas.

Zoom in enough so you can see the tiny squares, you should see two. get the pencil tool and start fillin in the top portion width wise, from left to right, then what you do is Save that as a template.

Then go to Edit, Select all, and define as pattern, or your equivelent

Then on your other document, open up a new layer and Fill that layer with that Pattern and there, you've got your scan lines...adjust the opacity if you want and if you don't like the colours, you can select them and fill them w/ your choice of colours, or use hue saturation colourize on them.

Smile TV Screen

thanks a lot for the tip. It worked great. I have Eye Candy 4000 but did not see this effects. DO you know a place you can download plug-ins?? I am interested into the other one you mentioned...

Again thnx a lot

No worries mate,

Did i say Eye candy, i meant xenofex, i seldom use it tho,

the ghost effect can be achieved by duplicating the layer you have beneath the tv lines.

Give it a gaussian blur say of 2 don't blur it so you loose the features, the lower the opacity and offset it a couple of pixels to the right or so, and if you want, change it's colour slightly by going to the hue and saturation and checking colorize.

If you want quick actions for your t.v scan lines.. go herehttp://user.fundy.net/morris/main.html

good site, lots of actions to load up and tutorials, and best of all HOTKEYS!!!