dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: load and unload movie (gate close and open)

Please visit http://www.2advanced.com

I have tried to make similar flash movie. First i created 3 movie files, let said, gate.swf, movie1.swf and movie2.swf.

gate.swf contained the movie clip which the gate will close and open again.

Whenever i clicked some button in movie1.swf, it will run the loadmovie script which load gate.swf in the scene and begin to close the gate. Then i used unloadmovie script to unload the movie1.swf level 0, after that use loadmovie script to load movie2.swf level 0 into scene and the gate will open again.

The problem is that, whenever movie1.swf is unloaded, the gate.swf also unloaded and i cannot see the gate open again.

Can anyone tell me how to make the gate close and open like above meantioned website?

Thank you

so... 2advanced. i'm sure that there are more to it than just loading and unloading .swf but...
    i think the movie structure should be that the gate.swf will be the _level0 movie. this movie loads and unloads external movies.
    you don't want to unload a movie which has another movie on it.
    i think that should solve your problems.
    by the way, amazing site they did - but so dman coplicated and navigation is horrible. usbility is not their main concern, and that's a shame.
    bye