A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: More Problems

I just added a chooser to very much like the one used in the food menu demo, everything works great, however, in the browser the chooser element is WAY out of place. Its half off the screen.

Also getting weirdness trying to create a dropdown menu, What I did was make an chooser element that looks like a button and put an invisible button over it. Then in the mouse over for the invisible button I change the view of the underlying chooser and show the popup menu. The invisble button covers both the chooser and the popupmenu so I can use the mouse Leave to hide the popup and change the chooser/button back to normal

Is this just way to crazy an Idea to work?

If you think you see a bug in the placement of the chooser element, then please send a copy of your movie file to support@insanetools.com so that we can see for ourselves.

Your idea sounds like it could work if done properly. I would have been inclined to put the buttons inside the choosers, directly over the required hot areas. Then when the required hot areas change, so will the actual buttons for them.

bug

Originally posted by RobStewart
    If you think you see a bug in the placement of the chooser element, then please send a copy of your movie file to support@insanetools.com so that we can see for ourselves.

Your idea sounds like it could work if done properly. I would have been inclined to put the buttons inside the choosers, directly over the required hot areas. Then when the required hot areas change, so will the actual buttons for them.
    I did rethink the method for the popup, but the chooser location problem remains. Do I send the graphics as well as the movie file?

Interestingly enough I cannot load this movie any longer, it causes IFA to crash. I will send the file anyway.
    [Edited by blanius on 07-22-2001 at 02:26 PM]