A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is there a Flash guru with macintosh expertise in the house?

I posted this on the Flash 5 section and realize I may have more luck under the macintosh forum.

I was going strong in Flash 5. I got my movie just the way I wanted it. I saved it in 3 different places. I didn't have a chance to export it to .swf before I was cancelled out. I've tried everything from reinstalling the software, trashing the preferences, running Norton Utilities and Virex. I started up without the extensions and rebuilt the desk top. Twice now this has happened. The first time I exported a frame to jpg, so I could edit it in pbotoshop. The .fla was saved as a generic doc.fla with blue letters "PC"
    The second time, after cutting my losses and racking up the file as corrupt, I imported the .swf file and went from there. This time, I inserted a second scene for a preloader and received a message that read "seek failed 00000002 macintosh ABA78158" I had saved the .fla in 3 different places. Not a one will allow me to open in flash, not by double clicking, file-open or importing. I receive the same errror: flash 5 access denied. The file was created in flash 5. I don't have a publish swf of the new one. Anything? Anyone?

if your running flash5 on a mac you need to get the 5a upgrade from http://www.macromedia.com just go to their flash downloads page and you can find it.

this may have been what caused your file corruption in the first place and might fix the problem happening in the future.. who knows... you might even be able to open your file again