A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac unable to open other projector files in different directories?

Hi, I am making a CD which shows soem portfolio work for our business. Most of the flash we have done is embeded in this projector file but there are some instances were I need to open up projector files because of their comlex nature.

Anyhow, using the EXEC FScommand I can simple tell it to open a projector file. It will open on PC and Mac, but if I try to tell it to open a file within a directory such as flashproject2/move the mac will not open the move projector file. Is there any way around this? I would like to avoid a messy directory structure. Or really everything on the root of the CD.

Have you tried loading .swf's instead of executing projector files?

I've recently created a portfolio presentation on a Mac and find it works perfectly loading the swf's into my main movie (which is a projector file) - seems to follow the pathing within the directory structure.

loadMovieNum ("swf/movie1.swf", 1);

hope it helps!
    NA

Yeah I do that with most of them, but some just have to be launched by themselves. There is just to much actionscripting going on which will break if its inside a target or level of another movie.