I would like to be able to change the font used in a dynamic text box while the Flash movie is playing, along the following lines:
- movie gets a variable to tell it which font to use
- downloads font from somewhere
- uses the font in the text boxes
If anyone read the other thread, this is to work around problems with displaying foreign language characters.
Let's say there will be five language-specific fonts. I'd like to include/link/embed each font in it's own swf, then load the required swf into the main movie and be able to use that particular font in the dynamic text box.
- I thought of using html formatting to set the font but this only seems to refer to fonts stored locally - using the name specified in the 'linkage' properties doesn't work here
- If experimented a lot with them but could never get any benefit from font symbols - what on earth do they do/how do I use them?
Any help, own experiences, pointers to further info etc. much appreciated.
i am not aware of any way to 'download' fonts dynamically or why you would want to interrupt you flash movie to do so.........
...seems like you would need to create a different variable name for each font type you would want to make available
then you could put a dyn text box for each in its own flash .swf movie and select the embed option
.......that way the user would only have to load the selected font via the .swf file and not them all
Not sure I get your point about 'interrupting' the flash movie to download the fonts but thanks for the idea of placing the text boxes in a separate swf.
I didn't want to go down that route because some of them are tweened, some of them are nested in several movie clips etc. but maybe it's the only way...
Any other suggestions out there?
thanx again - n.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
Poll by Flashkit.com