I would like to be able to change the font used in a dynamic text box while the Flash movie is playing, along the following lines:
- movie gets a variable to tell it which font to use
- downloads font from somewhere
- uses the font in the text boxes
If anyone read the other thread, this is to work around problems with displaying foreign language characters.
Let's say there will be five language-specific fonts. I'd like to include/link/embed each font in it's own swf, then load the required swf into the main movie and be able to use that particular font in the dynamic text box.
- I thought of using html formatting to set the font but this only seems to refer to fonts stored locally - using the name specified in the 'linkage' properties doesn't work here
- If experimented a lot with them but could never get any benefit from font symbols - what on earth do they do/how do I use them?
Any help, own experiences, pointers to further info etc. much appreciated.